Spaghetti Squash w/ Chickpeas & Kale
Serves: serves about 2-3
* 1 spaghetti squash
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly * 3 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1/2 an onion , sliced
* 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
* pinch of chile flakes
* 1 can 🥫 of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 2 cups of chopped kale leaves
* juice of ½ a lemon
* ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes 🍅 * salt & pepper
* optional: a bit of vegan Parmesan cheese (I use a recipe from The Minimalist Baker!) Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Slice your squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle. Place the squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour or until the flesh is tender and you can fluff up the insides into noodle-like strands with a fork. (If your squash is difficult to cut, roast it whole for the first 20 minutes until it softens a bit, then cut and continue).
5. Remove squash from the oven, let it cool slightly and use a fork to fluff the squash into strands. (set aside).
7. In a large skillet over medium heat, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan, then add the sliced garlic, sliced onion, crushed garlic, rosemary, chile flakes, salt and pepper.
9. Once the onion and garlic start to soften, add the chickpeas and cook for a few minutes until they turn lightly golden brown. Remove the garlic cloves, and add the kale leaves, lemon juice, and then give everything in the pan a good stir.
10. Once the kale is partially wilted, add the squash strands, sun dried tomatoes, and more salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to incorporate. Remove from heat and top with vegan Parmesean cheese!
Original recipe credits go to: https://www.loveandlemons.com/roasted-spaghetti-squash-w-chickpeas-kale/
Credits for any tweaks and changed ingredients go to me! #yummy #glutenfree #delicious #delicioso #dairyfree #sabroso #itswhatsfordinner #glutenfreevegan #fitmommy #querico #vegansofinstagram #vegetarianfood #veganlife #plantbased #realfood #sano #rico #saludable #glutenfreefood #glutenfreelife #igfitmoms #comesano #nutricion #plantbaseddiet #loveandlemons